Thursday, December 16, 2010

First T1

I know that a lot of American girls my age have had this happen to them tens or hundreds of times already, but as I am just now being put in the "real world", this is my very first time. I was just asked out on a date.
I was on Facebook checking all my updates when I saw that there was a private message for me. I clicked on it thinking, "Oh this is probably from so-and-so." It was not from that person (who is female, by the way). It was from a guy I have only seen a couple of times at school and who is planning to attend next semester. The message was short, simple, and straightforward; he wanted to take me to dinner while I was on Christmas break. I feel bad for the guy, because right now my gut reaction to anyone, no matter who they are, is "No." I don't think I'm ready to be thinking about marriage, and the only reason I would go out with a guy is if I had any inclination to consider marrying him. In addition to that, I need to focus on school and God. Hopefully, he won't be too upset about it.
Note: It's unfortunate that this one should be entitled, "T1," because that's the nickname of a rough, but dear to my heart, Toyota. My dad described it as not being a very good car, but a great tractor. I never drove it, but BOY was it fun to ride in... as long as I didn't have a stomach ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment