Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Prayer, Worship, and the Dog

I had a first today. I prayed for the family dog. My family owns a gray toy poodle (shown in my blogger profile picture). He's technically my brother's dog, as he was a present for his 7th birthday.
The dog does not have much appreciation for music. This is unfortunate, because my brother and I are musicians to some extent, and my parents like playing music from the computer. The notes will hit a certain range of pitches that makes him howl in protest. So, we usually have to send the dog to my brother's room when we play music in any format (other than straight vocals).
Today, I wanted to play some worship music without being interrupted by the dog. So, I prayed for him. "Lord, please protect [insert dog's name] ears so that he does not protest to my worship. In fact, let him worship you in whatever way nature does."
It worked. The dog did not howl, whine, or anything. I called him to me, and he rolled over for me to pet him. No protestations were made. As I type this post up, I am STILL playing worship music. He is lying on the floor about a foot away from me, perfectly content.
God is so good. He loves His creation enough to protect it so that it brings glory to Him. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For anyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks the door shall be opened." Matt. 7:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment